Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bonding with Mimi and Pampa




My folks arrived on Wednesday, July 30th, to meet Miss Millie!  I was so excited to introduce her to them and for them to start getting to know each other.   They were hooked the moment they saw her!  We had such a fabulous, memorable week with "Mimi and Pampa!"  Not only did they spoil us all ROTTEN with dinners and gifts and babysitting, but we also just got to spend good quality time hanging out.  There is something so special about introducing my daughter to my parents.  I know they love seeing us as parents, as much as we love seeing them as grandparents.  A magical step in life that is so powerful.  We all commented throughout the week how amazing it is that such a little, tiny creature could bring so much love and joy into our entire family and our lives!  
One of the most special things was watching my mom and dad with Millie and seeing their expertise as parents!  They just knew the right thing to do at the exact right time to make Millie happy and content. (For those of you that
 don't know, my parents had 3 kids in less than 2 years...so I think the word "expert" is very fitting for them :-)  I was taking so many mental notes.  Feedings, diaper changes, bath-time, play time. With all of the "unsolicited" advice we receive as new parents, I'll always take advice from the grandparents....I think we all turned out o.k...so there is 
something to be said for that :-)!  I love learning from them!!

So Mimi and Pampa.....we can't thank you enough for all of your love, support, 
advice, shoulders to cry on, hours and hours of phone conversations (sometimes more than
 once in a day), words of wisdom, positivity and most importantly for being YOU....exactly the way you are!!!!  We love you SO, SO much and can't wait to see you again soon!!!!  xoxoxo - Julie

No comments: