Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Babies and Beagles and Bears...Oh My!!

(he's off to the left of the screen, just before the trees)

So for the last 4 years of us going to Whistler on a pretty regular basis during both the summer and winter, we have yet to see a bear!  There are always several sightings mentioned on the news, by our friends or amongst the locals. As Jaimeson can attest,  I am always on the lookout on our drives up and thus far have always been disappointed that we haven't seen one.  (Although, I have to say, not seeing one is a good thing, because it means they are away from the roads, high up in the mountains feasting on berries!) But...i am always hopeful that I will catch a glimpse of one off in the distance.  Jaimeson and I even went on 12 day road trip through BC over to Jasper National Park and Banff National Park in Alberta 2 summers ago. I always had the camera out and ready for the spotting of a bear.  Again....no sightings!!!  

But....on our way to Whistler this past Sunday, we saw TWO bears on our drive up and ONE bear on our drive home...for a total of THREE!!  We couldn't believe it.  It proves our theory that Millie is a good luck charm.  Both Jaimeson and I have rolled a Yahtzee when we were holding her (for those of you that play, not an easy thing to do), we've both won hands at Euchre when we were holding her....and now we've had 3 bear sightings in less than 24 hours!  
Woohoo!!!  Next stop....Vegas!!   Here's the only photo we got....a little bear cub...who shortly after scooted off into the woods!   

No comments: