My Sweet Esmee Star.
These last few days I have been observing you like crazy and tearing up a bit realizing how quickly you’re growing up. I always love to watch you and the things you do. But this last week especially, my heart has swelled with pride. It’s hard to capture your spirit in a few words or any words, really...but to watch you and see the natural gift you’ve been given to beautifully dance your way through this life is uncommon. To see someone so young do so much in such a short existence is unexampled. And I don’t just mean your obvious accomplishments like sports and academics. I mean the ethical compass in your heart that consistently shines and directs you every single day. Your ability to see the good in someone when their behavior shows otherwise. Your ability to ask questions that make us all think about the bigger purpose of life. The way you smile at just the right time when someone really needs it. The way you let others shine and receive the praise because you think in that moment they might benefit from it more. They way you forgive. The way you console others when they’re down and you lift them up. It’s as if you’re a guardian angel to everyone that you meet shining your incredible light on them and making the world a better place. These words don’t do you justice….to know you and to see if first hand is to experience the out-of-this-world magic that you bring to life. I feel so lucky that we get to experience the ‘Esmee Factor’ every day! Your 6th year brought so much fun and growth. You started gymnastics and you love it. You’ve almost mastered the splits after a lot of hard work this year getting there. You decided to go out for soccer again with all of your favorite girlfriends from school. The SealStars. Your coach the other day commented on your sportsmanship and i couldn’t agree more. You have worked really hard in school and Ms. Calnan loves having you in class. You are a total book worm and you love science. You’re the greatest middle sister a family could ever ask for. Your appetite has been one of the biggest things that has grown this year! You can eat SIX pieces of pizza in one sitting. But your favorite food that you discovered this year is Sushi….which you can eat a ton of too! Avocado roll, please. Thanks for always making us happy and for making us laugh so hard that our bellies hurt! You have been so excited to turn 7 and I know you’re ready to take on whatever comes your way. I am so blown away by how cool you are. Keep doing what you’re doing, Esmee. You are a gem and I can’t imagine life without you. I love you so much and Happy Birthday, you lovely little lady!
xo,
Mom





No comments:
Post a Comment