Thursday, September 4, 2008

So much to smile about....



I'm 7 weeks old today!!


So mom and dad have been working on a new routine with me over the last couple of days. You see, I've been having trouble going to bed in the evenings. My days are wonderful...a couple of naps, play time, tummy time, bottles galore, diaper changes...Awesome!  however...come 9pm (just about the time mom and dad want me to go "night-night") I start to get a little fussy and a bit restless...ok, who am i kidding...A LOT restless!  Sometimes it takes them 2 to 3 hours to finally get me down.  Mom has been reading books and websites to see if anything can be done. She started carrying me around in the Ergo carrier (sling) during the day for longer periods (good times!) as this was recommend for better sleep at night.  A great way to calm us wee-ones down.
(that's me tucked in next to mom"s coffee)

They're also trying harder and longer to get me to burp....I've never been a good burper (something I'm working on)...but I need to, because between you and me, I have gas :-)  Dad refers to me as "motorboat," walter thinks I'm a frog (not something I'm proud of, but we're being honest here.)

So last night, mom made me a bottle at 9pm and her and I settled into the rocking chair as we usually do, for songs, books, cuddles and drinks.  To her surprise, I started to drift off about 15 minutes into our routine.  I wasn't nearly as fussy or restless as I usually am.  Mom was elated and figured our "new routine" must be working.  She gently laid me in my crib and tip-toed out of the room.  I was OUT...or so she thought.  Just as she sat on the couch to do a little pleasure reading, I let her know on the monitor that I'm not quite ready for this "new routine!!"  It took US (we're a team) about 2 hours and I finally went down.  Actually...I think the "new routine" is working for mom....she fell asleep in the rocker waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before I did!!  So....I guess we'll try again tonight.  I'll keep you posted.  


Hey...what do they expect????  I'm ONLY 7 weeks old!!
-Amelia Sky

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Hi J & J,
Really enjoy reading your blog and seeing how baby Millie is growing. Walter is one handsome fella too!
Take care,
Sonia and Ron :)