Sunday, October 5, 2008

Just Dad and the Kids!

For weeks, Friday, October 3rd has been circled in red on the calendar.  But just in case I might forget, Julie reminded me every day last week.  She was going to Seattle for our good friend Laura's baby shower (what will that make, 10, maybe 12 babies for the Seattle crew in 2 years or so? Nice work, gang!), and I was to play Mr. Mom until she got home early on Saturday afternoon. 
So Friday I worked from home - dual laptops at the dining room table with Milliebeans to my right and Walter to my left. They were, as ever, quite the good kids, as Dad managed to balance a busy work schedule with some amazing QT with his two favorites.

Each day, we took long walks around our neighborhood as Dad learned to balance everything that goes into the preparation and execution of walking with a baby and a dog (here's a list for anyone out of practice:  jogging stroller, blanket, capped bottle, bib, baby hoodie, leash, treats, poo bags, hand sanitizer, digital camera, plus the usual cellphone, wallet, keys, windbreaker - I need to paint this list on the door).  

We also made time for playing with blocks (Millie), and Leon the Dion (Walter's nemesis), and even Madden 09 - once the kids went to bed!

It was an awesome time and although it humbled me, I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: