
Like most parents probably do, lately we've been prone to wondering what Millie's future may hold in terms of her career interests. Naturally we agree with the old and wise parental doctrine that "we don't care what she does, so long as she's happy." But perhaps prompted by her physician's recent confirmation that she's big and healthy for her age, I can't help but wonder, would she be happier being a professional athlete than most of the other working stiffs out there, like her dad?

Today's news neither confirms nor denies the possible answers to that question, however, it does tell us that when it comes to throwing things, she's a natural!

While Dad was in the kitchen washing bottles (hey! its true, I was not checking my Fantasy Football stats at that time since it was between games 2 and 3), he heard the sound of a light item hitting the hardwoods. Knowing that Walter had been sitting up on his chair looking out the window for Mom to return from the store, I presumed he had caused the sound. But when I approached him, he just looked at me as if to say, "Come on, man. I'm 7 now - I don't cause problems anymore." That's when I turned my head from the living room into the nursery, where I had left Millie following a diaper change with her favorite set of rings in her hand.

And lo and behold, standing in the doorway I looked down to see the rings at my feet. Beaming with pride, I rushed over to Millie and hugged her and gave her high 5's. Then I rushed down to my tool bench and returned with the tape measure. 6 feet exactly!
So look out Tom Brady and look out Coco Crisp! We may have a female contender for the pro ranks here in our midst.
I've commissioned the highest authority in the house to bronze the rings in their current position and create a placard to commemorate this historic moment, however that request was promptly denied.
No comments:
Post a Comment