Sunday, July 17, 2016

E I G H T


Oh My Sweet Sweet Millie.  8 years ago you came into our world and we've never been the same. You're our first born and the most incredible little being to make us parents!  Each year that goes by and I see what an incredible human being you are, I'm happy and a little sad.  But one of my most favorite things in this world is to watch you grow...and evolve and learn...so I release the sadness and relish in the happiness.  
Here are some of my favorite things about your 7th year...
Soccer!!!!!  This was your first year on an all girls team.  You hit the field on day one and have never looked back.  You've exploded as a player.  You don't just attack the ball, you actually understand the game and know strategy.  You are number one on your team for assists...and you personally shoot them in the goal as well.  You are fast and you hustle.  You play both offense and defense pretty effortlessly.  You know when to switch mindsets to attack or defend.  I love your game face.  Your team loves you. 
Little Mama.  I'll never forget the week in February when dad had to go on a trip and I was down for the count with strep throat.  You took over the household when I could barely get out of bed.  You fixed breakfast for you and The Littles, entertained Ewie for hours, changed diapers and made sure I had everything I needed.  I didn't worry once, Millie.  At 7, you had things under control and I was able to heal.  That was such a proud Mama moment and spoke so true of your character.  When faced with a challenge, you my love, rise up! 
Your passion.  As you're growing and maturing, you're having to face and deal with stronger emotions and challenges.  You are so passionate and full of expression when it comes to your feelings.  I love that you let us know where you stand in difficult situations.  You tell us when you're angry, sad or frustrated.  I've seen you grow so much in learning how to deal with your emotions, which I know has not been easy.  You now use your words and know when to walk away to bring things down a level.  You know when to ask for help.  At 42, I am still learning how to do this.  You are teaching me and I thank you. 
Friendships.  You have some of the strongest friendships that you have built because of who you are and what you attract.  You are friends with boys and girls equally.  You naturally demand an aura of kindness from those that enter your circle.  You do not tolerate injustice...especially when it comes to others feelings.  You stand up for those being put down, especially yourself.  The way you treat others is simply admirable.  
If you could spend your free time anywhere you wish....it would be the library!  Or a bookstore! Or snuggled up with a book on the couch!  You LOVE to read!!!!!
And you love to create and produce.  You are always performing for us.  Be it songs, plays, dances or stories.  We LOVE watching you perform!!  
Millie...you are this incredible creature that I have trouble putting into words just how much you mean to me.  You have created a feeling that I have never felt before.  I am so blessed to be your Mama and I thank my lucky stars for you every. single. day. 
I LOVE YOU MILLIE!! 
xx


No comments: