Tuesday, July 19, 2016

TWOOOOOOOOO!

Ewan Stone....what a gem you are!  I can't imagine our lives without you.  Here is what I loved about your first 24 months of life!

You go against the grain.  You prefer forks over spoons, sitting on the table vs. at the table, saying 'Nooooo' to everything and running away when I tell you to 'come here!'  The good thing is you own your mistakes!  Even at 2 years old.  When you write on the couch with marker, you immediately come get me and say "oh nooooooooo!"  If you break something, same thing..."oh nooooooo!"  

When you get upset or frustrated, you love to be snuggled and sung to.  Your favorite songs are ' Row Row Row your Boat' and 'Wheels on the Bus.'  You've also gotten pretty good at your yoga moves (downward dog) and deep breaths for calming down.  

You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE transportation!!!  Diggers, dump trucks, fire trucks, garbage trucks, transporters, boats, trains...you name it! You can zoom a car or truck around the house endlessly...and you do.  You love to sit in the window on garbage day and watch the trucks load our cans.  

Your dance moves rival Michael Jackson's.  When music starts, you begin to groove.  In the car you pump your shoulders up and down to the beat. 

When you grow up I'm pretty sure you want to be Millie and Esmee.  You adore them.  You miss them so much when they go to school and are soooooo excited when we pick them up.  

You love jumping in puddles....with shoes, with socks or just bare feet!  The muddier the better. 
And after I've cleaned you up and changed you, you like doing it again.  

When others sit for a group photo, you stand.  When everyone looks at the camera, you look away.  

You do not like being strapped down.  No more strollers or grocery carts for you.  You walk!

You LOVE buttons.  When it's time to get you dressed in the morning I say "let's go put on your buttons' and you get so excited.  I buy your clothes based on how many buttons they have.  You have a bunch of button-downs.  

You are talking so much.  A few of our faves are:
oh no!
taint tu (thank you)
wuv vu 
eh-mee
mil mil
ti tuck (fire truck)
heh-wo (hello)
and when you walk into a room for the first time you say 'HEY!'

You have brought us so much happiness my Sweet Boy!!  We can't imagine life without you and all of your funny, loving, crazy ways!! 
Happy TWOOOOO to YOUUUUUU!!! 
xx



No comments: