Today was an incredibly special day in the Keegan family!! Millie started pre-school!! Woohoo!! She is attending preschool just for little ones at a school in our neighborhood, run primarily by the parents. There is an official teacher, however, there are about 10 parents in the classroom assisting on any given day. It is a requirement, in order for your child to attend. I volunteer on Tuesdays, so I was lucky to be able to be present on Millie's very first day...ever!! Very exciting!!! Millie will go Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 to 11:30. What an active day it was! Art, songs, dancing, playing, snack, books...whew...i wanted a nap when it was all said and done. Millie had a blast (don't let the lack of smile fool you!) We can't wait to go back on Thursday!! It is a wonderful learning environment and we are so excited to see Millie thrive!!
Esmee attends the little nursery adjacent to Millie's classroom on the days I volunteer. So, essentially this was her first "preschool" day as well! She did great...mainly slept...I don't even think she noticed I was not around :) At one point during class, Millie headed for the door and announced "going to check on Esmee, Mama!" Ha....good to know she is already looking out for her baby sister!!!! It's going to be a great year!
ready to go!
we were the first to arrive! never to early to instill punctuality :)
snack time
first pair of denim for the first day of school
No comments:
Post a Comment